revOnline and Open Source

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 21:01:42 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> Yes, the license of the community version does infect executables built with it,
>but not automatically. The author still has to include the license with the software
>and if s/he doesn't do that, copright applies automatically and the author
>would be violating LiveCode's open source license.

Correct.  I wrote part of that explanation, but deleted it as more
than most would want.

Specifically, the author of the piece would breach the license of
LiveCode Community by
distributing an executable without so licensing it and providing the source.

Nonetheless, the executable could not be freely distributed by the
user as the license to
do so wouldn't exist.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.