Open file with double click

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jul 31 20:00:08 EDT 2013

Hi Pete,

Just a quick answer. You can set file associations for OSX in the OSX
tab of the standalone application settings window. Installer Maker
manages the file associations on Windows. I'm not sure how to do this in
Linux, but I think double-clicking an unassociated file in Ubuntu would
show a window with an option to choose an app. I think you can also set
file associations in a .desktop file, but I'm not sure how this works.

On all desktop platforms, you can use $1 to determine if a file was
double-clicked to trigger the launch of the application. $1 contains the
file path.

You need to check out the relaunch message in the docs. Create a
relaunch handler that doesn't return anything (or returns empty). You
can also use the relaunch message to open a document on Windows.

On Mac OS X, you'd use apple events if an app is running already.

Again, I'm not sure how this works on Linux. It should be possible for a
standalone to determine if a process is running already and somehow tell
that process to open a file.

(As soon as I figure this out for Linux, I'll add it to Installer Maker).

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com