Bug in resizestack script : how exit ?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:01:01 EDT 2013

On Jul 19, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Ludovic Thébault wrote:
>
> > I wrote a script for resizestack, and i resize the stack to test it.
> > But there is a bug and Livecode was frozen (6,1 community),
> > impossible to get the hand, need to force quit.
> > There is an command to regain control ?
>
> None that I know of.
>
> The problem is that the resizeStack message is sent continually during the resize, so the queue of error messages piles up pretty quickly.
>
> The best I've been able to do is comment out the handler before resizing, uncommenting parts of it until I find the trouble spot.
>
> Oh, and make only very small adjustments to the stack size when testing. :)

What I do is put the entire set of commands that need to happen during a resizeStack and test that first, only then do I call it from resizeStack.

on arrangeCard
   # make adjustments here
   # call this handler from the message box to test it
   # once it's working try it from resizeStack
end arrangeCard

# only do this once it's debugged
on resizeStack
   arrangeCard