Learning Pack

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 03:59:43 EDT 2013

I must be a bit thick . . .

(Please don't all leap to agree)

. . . but I have just received the latest "revUp" magaziny-thing

and was immensely interested in the "Learning Pack" . . .

But then found that it consists of an Academy subscription (not bad),

and a copy of the Commercial version of Livecode (for a teacher) . . .

. . . the idea being that the students/pupils use the Community edition.

Now what I cannot understand is how the teacher will benefit from having the
commercial edition, especially when the kids are using the community one.

-------------------------------------

I am right in the middle of my second two week "Zero-to-Hero" thing
with 10,11,12 year old kids, and we are all doing fine with the
community edition.

As far as I can see the only real reason a teacher might want the
commercial edition
(in his/her capacity as a teacher) is so s/he can rip off the students'
work and peddle
it commercially.

My kids are building Windows standalones of their little 'moving cows
around' games
with the community version and giving them to their friends.