Chained Behaviors

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 12 20:37:51 EDT 2013

On 7/12/13 6:08 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> Basically nothing gets in the engine unless it goes
> through Mark and he thinks it's both a good thing and ready.

For which I am very grateful. Mark has an expansive vision and solid
knowledge of both the language and the people who use it, and so far, I
think everything he's decided has been spot-on. I trust him to make the
right decisions.

He told me a couple of years ago that he wanted to rewrite the engine. I
was appalled. I was afraid it would change too much. Was I ever wrong.
He's making it better, and we won't lose anything. He's very good at
guarding the syntax and backward compatibility.

When we were going to replace our cement walk with flagstones, I asked
someone how to tell if we'd found the right person to do the job. He
said we had to find someone "with an eye."

Mark Waddingham has an eye.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com