positioning stacks off screen in Linux

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Jul 12 13:00:49 EDT 2013

One of the commonly suggested methods of hiding stacks is setting their
location to something that places them out of the view window. This is
not working correctly here under openSUSE/KDE/KWin. A stack's location
is constrained to the available viewport unless it has been previously
dragged and placed so that some part of it past the screen edge. Once
that is done, a stack can be positioned anywhere outside the viewport
until it is completely within it and we return to our original problem.
In order for any part of a stack to be positioned outside the viewport,
some part of it must already appear beyond a screen edge.

This does not happen under Windows. Do users of other Linux
distros/DEs/window managers find this same behavior?

Warren