LiveCode and Sleep/Hibernation

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Jul 2 23:32:36 EDT 2013

Dar.

I made an application in LC that communicated with an external device via the USB port. The framework I used to allow LC to communicate to that device simply broke upon sleeping, and chaos ensued. The issue came up because the nature of the project required that the lid of a Macbook Air be closed most of the time. Of course, one can always set the machine to never sleep, but this was not an option for me.

I bought a small gadget called "Sleepless" that fools the machine into staying awake while the lid is closed.

Craig