Coding challenge

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Thu Jan 31 13:10:35 EST 2013

OIC now. 3 & 3 is the best answer but  the algorithm produces 4 + 1 + 1. Well I think the issue here is that currency is never (or almost never) designed this way. No one would make a 3 dollar bill coincidentally with a 4 dollar bill. There would be no practical reason to.

And yet I remember for a time the USA produced a one dollar bill and a two dollar bill. So never say never! :-)

It seems that when creating currency values, one of the overriding principles OUGHT to be that each smaller value ought to divide evenly into all the larger values. I'm sure this is what was intended with American currency when it was first created in it's present form. Otherwise making change becomes rather tedious.

Bob