to find the first numeric line?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Jan 31 11:53:53 EST 2013

Hello,

I have a list with alphanumeric and numeric content. After sorting numeric I
would like to find the first line with a numeric first char. (the non
numeric lines before can contain also numeric chars). I would like to have a
kind of lineoffset(isNumber(first char.),list,), but that's not prebuilt.

What would be the fastest or most straight forward way to look up such a
list? Just looping through? Testing the first char every half of the list in
a loop? Or is there a function I don't think of?

Thanks for any pointers

Tiemo