Shrinking height of a stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 30 22:39:09 EST 2013

On 1/30/13 9:22 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 7:13:43 PM, you wrote:
>
>> It was finally fixed quite a while ago, somewhere in the 4.x or early
>> 5.0 version. So I'm thinking there's something else about your menu
>> setup that isn't quite right.
>
>> Try just using menu builder to set the menubar as the stack menubar. Let
>> the stack shrink up on a Mac. Build that way, then see if it works on
>> Windows. Don't use any scripts to try to control it, let the engine do that.
>
> Menus did change a bit in the 5.x builds. I remember having to fiddle
> with the way glx2 does cross-platform menus in order for them to
> function properly again. But I don't remember what it took to whip
> them into shape. I avoid menus whenever I can. Nasty menuses.

I remember that extra parameters were added to control menu item labels
and such but I thought the shrinking bug was unrelated to that. I
believe the shrinking had to do with destroystack, and to bypass the
problem it needed to be false...but in Charles' case that's true. I
mean, it's false already. Destroystack is, I mean. In this case.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com