Open Source LiveCode Project

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jan 29 19:35:51 EST 2013

On 30/01/2013, at 11:22 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Hi Monte,
>
> Monte Goulding wrote:
>
>> 30 day campaigns are statistically more likely to
>> succeed apparently. By a small fraction.
>
>> I imagine that project might hang on the back
>> of the open language one. I'm imagining some
>> kind of syntax loader...
>
> What if each function, command, handler, reserved words, etc
> is assigned an inmutable ID and a Label? (just like LiveCode controls)
> In this way, you could call a built-in function using a label
> (a single word in any language) and the engine execute the function
> ID that is paired with such label... :-D

I expect there will need to be something like that. The script compiler will need to somehow map:

answer barcode -> mergZXingGetBarcode()

so why not:

répondre à code à barres -> mergZXingGetBarcode()

or

responder código de barras -> mergZXingGetBarcode()

PS Google transalted... looks ok to me but what would I know???

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services