[OSSLC] so far so good...

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jan 29 16:01:55 EST 2013

On 29/01/2013 20:32, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Cory backed the project? !!! I've got some time scheduled with him in
> a couple of weeks, and I know what we'll be talking about.

He's an old-time HyperCardist - check out the list of helpful contributors
here and see if you recognise any other names...

http://www-psych.stanford.edu/~pinto/hc1.html

(in fact I think he worked at Voyager at one time - true, Colin?)

If you're in contact, please don't wait for a couple of weeks but encourage
him now to post/tweet about the project - his pledge is worth $X, but
spreading the word via BoingBoing or twitter could be worth an order of
magnitude more.

The drive is going gangbusters right now - but that's probably most from the
converted.  When we exhaust them, we're going to need to talk to the rest of
the world, and convince them about the value of this incredibly complicated
and hard to explain product.  That's going to be hard (but my guess is the
easiest sell, albeit only to those with longer memories, is going to be "It's
HyperCard!  For the 21st century! And open source so they can't kill it
again!") - and before we can even make that argument, we first have to reach
people.  So influencers beyond our immediate community will be essential.

Ben