Open Source LiveCode Project

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 05:31:26 EST 2013

The idea is to get a lot more open source using customers compared to the user base right now. That should also increasing the commercial versions sold greatly. They'll probably change the store to include other, upscale versions of licenses. For example mySQL doesn't even have a price. You call them and they then ask anything between thousand and millions, direct payments or monthly payments, depending on the size of deployment, size of company etc.

One additional thing is that one can't sell open source versions on neither of the two app stores by Apple (ios and mac).

Finally, the open source version is of course completely free of support, and you can't use password protected stacks with it (that means a lot of the revVendor add-ons won't work with the open source version).