Open Source LiveCode Project

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jan 29 04:59:19 EST 2013

On 29/01/2013, at 8:52 PM, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> This sound really, really interesting. Could you please explain how this would be free for everyone except professionals under GPL 3? AFAIK, open source means free (as in free speech) for everyone, including professionals.

I'm sure Heather will answer but I'll have a go. Dual licensing models require you to distribute under the terms of the GPL or if you have a commercial license under those terms. You can still work professionally and distribute your code under the GPL however if you want to distribute under your own license and closed source then you will need a commercial license.

One of the fantastic things is that now LiveCode Server will be free to use for 99.9% of it's use.

> Are you using your own version of the GPL?

Then it wouldn't be the GPL would it???

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!