Now illegal to unlock your cellphone (U.S.)

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:26:44 EST 2013

> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone/story?id=18319518
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder

As the owner of an unlocked original iPhone (now being used as an
iPod), I feel the same way on this issue as I do when it comes to any
other kind of bundling of hardware along with software and/or services
of any kind.

1. Sell me the hardware at whatever pricing the market will bear,
based on the features and quality of the product you are selling.

2. I will decide on what I am willing to pay for your product. Refer
to guideline #1

3. Please don't tell me what I can or cannot do with the physical
product that I have paid for. GM, Ford nor Toyota try to tell me how I
may use their product, nor will you. It's none of your stinking
business, anyway.

4. If you feel that you need to discount the cost of the product to
have my business and remain competitive within the industry, that's up
to you. Thank you so much! Now refer back to guideline #3

5. Life is tough all around. Deal with it the same as your competitor..

Regards,
-David C.