Now illegal to unlock your cellphone (U.S.)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jan 26 17:50:39 EST 2013

Actually, I'm surprised it's not already illegal, at least in terms of
breaking your contract with the provider..  As mentioned in the article, in
return for using a carrier's network exclusively, you get the phone either
for free or at a highly discounted rate.

If you want the freedom of using any carrier with your favorite phone, buy
an unlocked phone.  I'm not saying I agree with the way the cell phone
business works in the USA, but you do have a choice.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>