Handler Lists

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jan 26 03:06:58 EST 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 10:33 PM, Cal Horner <calhorner at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> There are many unanswerable questions in this world of ours. And here is
> another one.
>
> "Why are there three different views of the handler list in the Script
> Editor?"
>
> Isn't one enough? How many of you out there use more than one?

I like to flip between alphabetical and order-of-appearance because I have code grouped into sections using dummy handler names, like:

on ____UTILITY_HANDLERS____
end ____UTILITY_HANDLERS____

on stsGoURL
   …
end stsGoURL

So in order-of-appearance mode I see the handlers grouped… but sometimes I don't remember what group it was in, but just remember its name - which is when I switch to alphabetical.

Unfortunately it's a pain to have to go to the Preferences to do this each time, so I have encapsulated these into handlers I run when I need them. The core code is:

put "cScriptEditor,editor,sortHandlerList" into tProp
set the tProp of stack "revPreferences" to "Alphabetical"  -- or "Order-of-Appearance"
dispatch "updateOpenScriptEditors" to stack "revPreferencesGUI"

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/