clickability in a DataGrid

Sieg Lindstrom sl at trackandfieldnews.com
Tue Jan 22 19:09:47 EST 2013

I've used LiveCode/RunRev for some time but an new to using DataGrids.

What I'd like to do (for Mac/Windows users) is include a DataGrid configured as, say, four columns of data followed by two columns that are the same in each row: one that reads "Delete" and one that reads "Edit." I'd like to set it up so that if the user clicks on "Delete" or "Edit" in a given row that then triggers handlers to either delete that row or edit the data contained in the other four columns of that row of the grid.

Using a standard text field with tab-delimited data in each row, I'd use the ClickText and the ClickLine in the field script to determine what the user clicked and trigger the appropriate actions. How would one achieve this in a DataGrid?

Thanks in advance!

Sieg Lindstrom