Quicktime player not referencing mp4 files

stgoldberg at aol.com stgoldberg at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 17:44:32 EST 2013

The problem I am having is that  when I use the Quicktime player in a stack and want to reference a movie choose "all files", mp4 files are greyed out and cannot be selected.  With Livecode version 5.5.2 (on Mac OS10.6.8) I can only select .mov files.  However, when using another computer that has Mac OS 10.7.5 and Livecode version 5.5.3, I can make the mp4 selection.  Am I doing something wrong?  Does Livecode 5.5.2 differ in its ability compared to Livecode 5.5.3?  Or could the difference be the different Mac OS systems?
Thanks.
Steve Goldberg