mobile: prompt for app review

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Tue Jan 22 10:11:55 EST 2013

Colin,

Actually, I was kind of just wondering if anyone had created a library that handled the whole process (present the dialog *and* handle the choice the user makes). But, as it turns out, I was able to roll my own without too much trouble. And opening the url to the app seems to work just fine, so long as I copy the url from the app store, then replace "https" with "itms-apps". Worked like a charm for me. I'm using LiveCode 5.5.3. Although admittedly I only tested under iOS 6. Maybe the older versions of iOS have limitations? I'll have to check that.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I don't think an external is necessary in this case unless, like I said, older versions of iOS have problems opening these urls.

Thanks,
Chris