Controls in a stack

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:14:05 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
> Looking at the controls that are missed, they are almost all from stacks
> that contain multiple cards, seemingly randomly missing a few from each
> card.  There are also a handful that have an id of zero which I didn't
> think was possible but that's another topic.

Quick test:

1) New Main Stack
2) Add a button,
3) Add a new card
4) Add a button
6) Add a Card (this should come with the  bkgnd btn)
7) Add to this a normal btn.

So you should have a 3 card stack with 1 card that has a bkgnd btn on
it, a 2nd card with a bkgnd btn + a normal btn, and a 3rd card with
just a normal btn.

Total number of controls for the stack is 4 (a group for the bkgnd, a
btn in the bkgnd group, and two normal btns.

In the msg box if I enter:

put the number of controls of stack "test"

the answer I get back is always the number of controls of the current
front most card of the stack, I can not get 4 as the answer.

So if I happen to be on the card with only the normal btn, then the
answer is 1, the answer you want is 4, and if I loop through the cards
the answer I get is 6.

As you've already figured, the problem is associated with multi-card
stacks, from what I can tell 'the number of controls of this stack'
will never give the correct answer for a multi-card stack, and if you
loop through all the cards you'll end up duplicating the process for
any background controls.

HTH