[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Mon Jan 21 12:08:18 EST 2013

Everyone sees the world around them differently. But it wasn't that long ago that we got iPhone and then iPad. Not revolutionary enough? Other companies seemed to think so because they copied the form factor and now what they are doing is being called revolutionary. I have a 27" iMac sitting on my living room table that I can watch TV on because it has video in. I have an iCloud account that was mobileme that was dotmac. Now out iPhones can take photos that rival expensive cameras, and screens so clear that try as you might the pixels cannot be seen. Microscopic Pixels. That's something Microsoft could have had a great marketing campaign on. Whoops! Apple got there first. I have a 27" iMac sitting on my living room table that I can watch TV on because it has video in. I have an iCloud account that was mobileme that was dotmac. Way back then Apple created a personal cloud service, and now Microsoft is copying the idea and doing it themselves. Man those Microsoft guys are revolutionary.

We sound like high maintenance women. "What have you done for me lately?" Sorry Richard, I have the highest respect for you, but I think the notion that apple is for oldies just won't stick to my brain. If Apple is not innovating as much as in the past, we might consider that they are operating in a depressed world economy at present.

I do agree however that writing software exclusively for Apple is not a smart thing these days. Anything can happen, and often does, I like to say.

Also let me make the point that buying demographic statistics are very deceiving. By the time Android was released, pretty much anyone who was going to buy an Apple device had bought one, maybe their second or third one. All that was left was the crowd that hated Apple or hated AT&T, so when the opportunity to buy a non-Apple/AT&T device came they pounced on it.

The real demographic ought to be how many people are switching from iDevice to Android devices as opposed to the other way round. THERE you might have a point. How many people buying new computers are leaving OS X and moving to Windows compared to the other way? THAT would be a useful statistic. All that has really happened with the buying demographic is that the new Apple youth has become the middle aged Apple youth, meaning what, that Apple customers are remaining loyal? Statistics can be presented in different lights. What is that old saying? There are lies. Then there are damnable lies. Then there are statistics. :-)

Bob