screen capture software/animated gifs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 20 13:19:24 EST 2013

On 1/20/13 11:20 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> The animated gif is shown while the stack is going through a search process
> that can last a few seconds.  I think I'm using a pretty standard method to
> give it time to animate, which is to issue a wait statement at regular
> intervals.  Without the wait, it never animates.

That's sort of odd. I'm using an animated gif as a custom "busy"
indicator in a similar way, it's shown while a longer activity is
happening. I just imported it and set it to loop, then set its visible
to false. When I want an indicator I set it to visible, when the
activity is finished I hide it again. I don't need to manage the
framerate or anything else. It just works.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com