screen capture software/animated gifs

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Jan 20 12:20:37 EST 2013

Hi Colin,
I'm on OSX 1o.7.4 and the problem occurs running a plugin stack.  I've had
the same result with QT,Screenflow, Screenium, Snagit, and a couple of
other screen capture programs.

The animated gif is shown while the stack is going through a search process
that can last a few seconds.  I think I'm using a pretty standard method to
give it time to animate, which is to issue a wait statement at regular
intervals.  Without the wait, it never animates.

Could it be that during the wait period, the screen capture software grabs
the cpu time, so the gif never gets any time to do its thing?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>