[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jan 19 22:11:48 EST 2013

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I don't like it either, but to be fair, developers don't *have* to sell
> through the Apple stores...

...yet.

Sure, you can load software from anywhere else, but if you get it from
the Big Bad Web you face a dire warning about how it "may damage your
computer".

And the night is young: we can expect iOS and OS X to merge within a few
years (like Windows and Ubuntu already do; as device capabilities
overlap the bifurcated OS strategy makes less and less sense), and when
that happens I think we can guess which direction Apple will go.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World