OT: Super duper scripts in MS Word

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 19 15:26:33 EST 2013

> From: Jim Hurley
>
> I'm not sure I know what you mean by "manually raise it some
> number of points."
>
> I'm trying to do this within MS Word.
>
> I know it can be done. I have an example. I just can't find a
> way to duplicate it.

I'm not on the latest Word, but in Word 2003 it's in Format->Font, in the
Character Spacing tab, called "Position".

> You might be right about using an equation editor. I used to
> be fluent with it, but no more.
>
> Is it possible to extract a chunk from the MS Equation editor
> so that it becomes a word "in line" with normal text?

In general, any embedded object has a choice of how it flows with the text,
so you ought to be able to treat it like a big "character". But the first
solution should be a lot easier.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com