Desktop visual effect

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 18 14:18:26 EST 2013

Stacks don't appear on the desktop with visual effects -- these are used
when navigating between cards, or stacks within an already open stack.

One simulated effect I've done is to create a loop that progressively sets
the blendLevel of a stack, which results in fading the stack in (or out
of) the desktop.

On the Mac side, there is (was?) a Core image effects sampler that allows
you to use system level transitions between images.  I could swear I
remember seeing Kevin Miller demonstrate the use of Core effects applied
to the reveal of a stack at a RunRev conference.  But when asking about it
much later, nobody could recall if (or how) it was done, so maybe it was
just a dream (even if this worked it would be Mac only).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design