More about audio-video

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Jan 17 22:13:31 EST 2013

J.

There's one open source app that might be ripe for imbedding:

VLC

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

cross-platform, the source is available, and if one can open a window from
the command line....

This idea was inspired a little mac app called NICECAST.  A beautiful mac
front end with an ICECAST server inside. I checked out the app bundle, and
sure enough, there was a folder with the ICECAST code in there.

If it has the right hooks, VLC could be the basis for a library.

If this has been tried before, I apologize.

sqb