Asynchronous Audio on Windows?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 16 13:38:04 EST 2013

That's the route I'm taking.  At this point my plan is to load all sounds into buffers and have them available at all times.  My *hope* is that this setup is essentially the same as having a bunch of embedded sounds loaded in a stack.  It's a bit overkill as the external is designed to manage 3d spatial audio, but performance during click events appears to be way better than native LiveCode.

But there's another potential issue that needs clarification from the developer. The external relies on a sound library called openAL, and you have to run an installer to get things set up for LiveCode, which the instructions say "may require a restart".  I really hope this is just for development reasons and doesn't have to be passed on to users of a stack that contains the audio external.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design