Asynchronous Audio on Windows?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 16 01:23:05 EST 2013

Even if the player option could work, there's the issue of latency.  It
takes a noticeable amount of time to load an external sound in the player
and play it.  This is one of the benefits of using embedded sounds --
speedier playback (the tradeoff being only one sound played at a time).  I
suppose I could have multiple players all preloaded with the sounds I
need, but what a chore.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director