Asynchronous Audio on Windows?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 15 16:52:48 EST 2013

On 1/15/13 3:33 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 1/15/13 2:17 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>> Hi Chris:
>>
>> Over here, when I set the dontUseQT to true, the player (which has the
>> file path of a WAV assigned) displays with no controller and scripting
>> "start player 1" results in "could not open video player", whereas this
>> works when QT is normally enabled.  Maybe the result is different on a
>> system that truly has no QT.
>
> Lack of movie controls is going to kill one of my projects for Windows
> deployment. I am not allowed to require QT. Is there a workaround that
> doesn't involve me creating my own interface?

To add to that, the dictionary doesn't mention any restrictions in the
"showController" entry. It also says that the controller is dependent on
alwaysBuffer, which must be false to allow a controller. So now I'm
confused. It looks like a controller should be possible on a non-QT
Windows machine but I can't tell.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com