Strange hang

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:45:21 EST 2013

Why not put all your scripts that deal with your array into a library stack
(or card or whatever) declare it as a local, then.. while its not as fast,
you can pass a full string in and "do" it.

get deleteVar("tDataA[key1]

function deleteVar pString
do merge("delete local [[passedstring]]")
end deleteVar

For multiples at once it would be easy enough to pass in a list of lines
and repeat for each, and using do would make it easy to pass in strings
with subkeys if you don't want to remove the entire node.
deletevar(merge("tDataA[key1][subkey1][anotherkey]") )

While do isn't as fast as other options, it might work for what you need.
Of course if you're only truncating full nodes, keeping all the functions
in the same script with the array as local makes that work too. Just pass
in the keyname and whack the node.