Color names vs hex codes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 9 01:26:22 EST 2013

That's what I use too. Credit to Ken Ray. :) Howard Bornstein <bornstein at designeq.com> wrote:This is what I use:

*function* RGBFromColorName theColor

  *if* theColor is not a color *then* *return* "Error: not a color"

  *-- create a temporary object for the color transformation:*

  *create* invisible button

  *if* the result is not empty *then* *return* "Error"

  *set* the backgroundColor of last button to theColor

  *-- transform the color using the backgroundPixel trick:*

  *set* the backgroundPixel of last button to the backgroundPixel of last
button

  *-- the button's backgroundColor is now RGB:*

  *get* the backgroundColor of last button

  *delete* last button *-- don't need the temp object any more*

  *-- the create command automatically chose the pointer*

  *-- tool, so change it back:*

  *send* "choose browse tool" to me in 10 milliseconds

  *return* it

*end* RGBFromColorName

--
Regards,