Sending an email on Windows 8

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Tue Jan 8 13:03:52 EST 2013

I'm going to venture an educated guess. From all I have heard, Win8 is really optimized for touch interfaces. While you CAN use it on a desktop system, there do not seem to be any compelling reasons for doing so, over Win7. Steve Jobs had it right. Use a touch based OS on a desktop for just an hour, and you will see why point and click is the way to go on these systems.

Desktop apps that need lots of screen real estate or need a lot of processing power flourish on large monitor point and click systems, but flounder on touch interfaces. Not all apps need the screen real estate or use a lot of resources. These do well on tablet touch systems. I do not think tablet/touch OSes are replacing desktop systems. I think that the process is more like a re-calibration of the equilibrium between what most people have needed all along, a simple tablet touch OS, and professional systems that need the power and screen real estate to function well.

Just my 2¢

Bob