iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 12:34:33 EST 2013

I've been posting about certificate renewal etc so that I can go on with iOS development after my profiles / certificates or whatever have expired. I thought I had created a new set of stuff, and XCode now reports that I have valid Provisioning Profiles (don't know why I've got more than one, but I have), plus a (valid) specific profile on the device I'm currently trying to test on (an iPad 2).  Oh, and I also have active ad hoc distribution certificate.

My app works in the simulator, but when I try to save it as a standalone in order to get it onto the iPad, I get codesigning failures: there seem to be six failures (whatever that means) and two of these look identical. I did not get these when I first set up my (now expired) digital 'asset's (/rant don't you hate the hijacking of perfectly good English words for weird technical purposes? /rant).

Can anyone tell me how to track down these failures and correct them? I just have no idea how to start. I haven't found anything helpful in the iOS notes for LC either. The only clue I have is that the XCode organizer seems to think I'm two teams with slightly different names. I would gladly delete one of these if I knew how, and I suppose it might help.

I've been staring at the Apple documentation for most of the day but I am well and truly stuck.

Anxious

Graham