Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages?

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Sun Jan 6 10:58:18 EST 2013

Geoff,

Push messages are your best friends about such tasks. Will works against both iOS and Android and in configuring your server to cross-post your push messages to both APNS and GPNS relay servers, each iOS and Android devices will see each other.

See this excellent tutorial as a possible starting point (chat-room over push) :

http://www.raywenderlich.com/3443/apple-push-notification-services-tutorial-part-12
http://www.raywenderlich.com/3525/apple-push-notification-services-tutorial-part-2

And this one about a clean GCM PHP basic implementation :

http://labs.distriqt.com/post/1273

Best,

Pierre

--