Trouble in Paradise... with script editor

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 11:37:21 EST 2013

Hey folks, I think I stepped into a pile of errrmmmmm...... big trouble.

I'm basically a Windows guy whose primary development system had a
nice motherboard failure, so I'm now using my Snow Leopard based Mac
Mini full time for the immediate future. I am *not* well versed or
particularly proficient using a Mac, so I might need some
hand-holding. :-(

Anyway..
Using LC 4.53, which is the current version I have licensed, I'm
having all kinds of troubles with the script editor. For example: I
create a new stack, add a button and the right click selecting the
edit script option menu. The little stopwatch starts (and stays)
running and the script editor is not to be seen anywhere. Same thing
when I try to edit a script for the card.

Now lo and behold... when I try to edit the stack script, up pops the
script editor in almost a full window! Once I've re sized the editor
window, I then have no problems editing scripts for anything else on
the stack.

I have also found that I can the the script editor listed as
"revNewScriptEditor1" showing in the "Window" part of the Mac menu.
The property inspector also appears to show the editor listed as
"revNewScriptEditor1", although I do now have UI elements setup to be
shown..

I haven't used LC in the Mac very much and I've never noticed any
problems like this before... basically this whole setup is messed up
to the point of being almost completely unusable. Resetting the
default LC preferences makes no difference... multiple
install/remove/re-installs of LC makes no difference.
Even trying to use the GLX2 Script Editor doesn't work for me.

Any ideas of how I might fix this puppy?

Regards,
David C.