OT: How to renew iOS Certificates?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Fri Jan 4 10:26:13 EST 2013

Hi Graham,

First, did you mean to say provisioning profiles rather than certificates? I'm pretty sure the certificates expire with your membership. The provisioning profiles don't necessarily, but those are what you need to renew if they are about to expire. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I think, though I'm not totally sure, that you can simply handle this through Xcode. If you launch Xcode and open the Organizer window then select Provisioning Profiles under Library on the left, you'll see all your installed profiles. Simply click the Refresh button. It'll prompt you for your login info for your Apple dev account (Apple ID), then I believe it will renew those profiles that are about to expire. But I'll be honest, I don't remember the exact procedure myself. Seems like every time I get to this point I have to figure it out all over again. And usually I don't get to the point where my profiles are about to expire, as I'm fairly frequently adding or removing devices from my profiles, which also causes them to renew. Anyway, once you've gone through this process, I'm hoping you'll see new profiles listed with new expiration dates, but you might also have the old ones still. Simply delete the old ones. After that, when you go to build your app in LiveCode, you may have to re-select the profile to build with in the standalone settings.

Also, Xcode 4.5.2 is available. Updating from 4.5.1 is not a big deal. I'd say go ahead and do it. There's a developer preview of Xcode 4.6 out there, but I'd hold off for now.

Hopefully that'll work for you.

Chris

--
Chris Sheffield