Help with Regex (was Re: Switch, Case and wild-cards?)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 08:10:15 EST 2013

>From my own experience; if you are trying to parse ANY SQL statement that
someone might enter, then NO, regex alone is not going to be your solution.
If on the other hand you are dealing with a relatively small subset of SQL
statements, maybe SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, then regex would be able to very
quickly break these down into table/column names and values, etc etc.

Because SQL is so structured and strict (more so say than the 4.0 version
of html which is fairly loose in what it allows) it does lend itself to be
manipulated with regex.

HTH