Where to write a shared file to?

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Thu Feb 28 12:32:54 EST 2013

I am working on a cross-platform (Mac/Windows) app and I had to hire out for a low level application to be written that will trap 'all' key events on both platforms. Pretty straight forward. It timestamps and writes the key or keys that were hit out to a file that I in turn look for changes to from within LC. The key trapper will have it's own installer and I need to tell it where to write to before it is built.

My question is where is the best place to write this file to on a Mac? on a PC?

I am not going through the Mac App store but I don't want to run into problems with permissions etc. once deployed.

I am searching online now but there is a lot of gobble goop that is not pertinent.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com