The trick for Linux is getting it into the repositories

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 28 11:52:26 EST 2013

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> There's EdUbuntu and a bunch more Ubuntu based ones and Skolelinux aka
> Debian Edu and Doudou Linux based on Debian proper.

One of the speakers we got for our UbuCon event is very close to the
Edubuntu team.  I imagine as this moves along we'll see LC get a lot of
attention from that distro.

> I'm really pleased.  Its the best news for the Linux flavor that one could
> possibly have wanted.

It's a start - now the road ahead becomes possible.

Next up (after the Debian package tool) is the need to allow menus to be
handled on Ubuntu as they are on Mac, since those two are the only OSes
which have a global menu bar.

I'll be looking into this after the summer. as the code gets factored.
We already have the stack-cropping mechanism in place for Mac, so doing
that on Ubuntu shouldn't be hard at all.  The bigger challenge is to use
a variant of the method used to map LC menus to Mac menu APIs to use the
Qt APIs on Ubuntu.

Andre, got nothing but time on your hands for that? :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World