The trick for Linux is getting it into the repositories

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 05:23:53 EST 2013

I thought the same thing last night.  And I see strong reasons why some
Linux distributions will want it to be there.

One of my greatest disappointments with LiveCode in the last 10 years has
been my problems getting it running on almost every distribution I've tried
(when I could get it running within a couple of minutes I would find it
such a badly behaved application it was unusable).  I gave up blaming
Runrev for that, and decided it was more to do with variations within Linux
distributions themselves.  So, now that it is open source, I expect to see
the people who know about the idiosyncracies with their distribution sort
out the problems with LiveCode on those distributions.  If necessary, they
will fork the code to do so.  Having the code modularised should make
identifying the problems easier.  They have no reason not to fork the code
(they will have no concern with password protection).

Bernard