Post-KickStarter LiveCode - security issue fix?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 27 21:16:22 EST 2013

Lyn Teyla wrote:

 > It has been 3 years since my post to this list urging RunRev to
 > fix the serious security issue where the scripts of password
 > protected stacks and standalone apps can be fully viewed via
 > memory dumps.

While it's good to see Kevin & Co. has a plan to minimize this risk, the
situation is far broader:

Using the same memory dump tools coupled with a decompiler, any app
written in any language can have its internal algorithms and data
clearly revealed.

See original thread, which also notes the difficulty of doing memory dumps:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2010-March/136638.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World