profane question about the property inspektor

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Feb 27 05:08:21 EST 2013

Congratulations to all of us first :) great perspective!

I don't know if I may ask such a profane question on these days, but I am
always struggling with the lock property of the property inspector window.

I have a main stack where the inspector pallet is unlocked, so that I just
can open the inspector once and click on any object and it will open in the
open pallet. In a substack of this main stack the inspector pallet is locked
on every object. When trying to unlock the pallet, the pallet properties
jump up to the stack and don't stay on the selected object. In consequence I
have to open a new inspector for every object.

Is there any general setting for locked / unlocked inspector pallet, or is
it a bug in 5.5.3/4 on windows or what am I missing?

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo