Rewards

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 04:57:07 EST 2013

The only reward I really want is the Open Source version of Livecode;

( Frankly, if I wander round Plovdiv with a Livecode
hat/badge/shirt/shopping bag all I will get is odd looks )

'Livecode OS'

'Livecode FREE'

so, as the chart on the Kickstarter webpage says that the "As Is"
version will be released in March the big
and burning question is "Which part of March?"

ALSO;

Despite the new UI, Please can the possibility remain to use the current
UI with the OS version?

Actually I am really very interested to see how much one can "mix and
match" bits and bobs from Metacard
Livecode Commercial and Livecode OS to produce one's own UI.

Some of the use-list members may recall my horizontal expanded ToolBar
for RR/LC 2.0.1, and on Linux and Windows
a horizontal toolbar sitting at the top of one's screen and combined
with the revMenuBar stack might not be a bad thing.

I am wary of a UI that blocks out access to the desktop in WIMP GUIs.

As soon as I get my sweaty paws on the "As Is" version I can begin to
work out what sort of Summer Course sort-of-thing
I can organise for 8 - 14 year olds and get to work on some sort of
skeleton course book; and if that is all going smoothly,
I will post that as an Open Source document for folk to tear apart, use
and abuse as a 'Thank You'.

I do hope, that in the scramble to get the Open Source version 'out',
the Indic Unicode problem with Windows Vista and upwards
will not be overlooked.

Richmond.