Making icons for desktop apps?

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:57:19 EST 2013

> What do LiveCoders use to make icons these days? Is there one program that can handle both Windows and Mac that anyone would recommend?  IconWorkshop is a Windows program that apparently does everything, but it's fairly pricey. At the other end of the scale there are free icon editors, some of which I've used, but I'm looking for a cheap yet trouble-free solution that is up to date for both platforms. Or two separate programs, I suppose.
>
> TIA for any opinions
>
> Graham

Do a search for the last truly free version of IcoFx for Windows
(1.6.4 I think), which I've found to do a good job for both Mac and
Win icons.I took a quick look myself and found a copy here:

http://www.lupopensuite.com/db/icofx.htm

I don't know anything at all about the folks that have made it
available, so be sure to take care and do a thorough scan, just to be
safe.

Regards,
David C.