get type from the text of image

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Feb 22 17:14:17 EST 2013

On 23/02/2013, at 9:08 AM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Not sure about your setup, but I imagine you could store binary image data
> so you don't have to mess with image format all.  The one complication is
> if you allow folks to scale an image in whatever you're doing.  You'll
> need to save the reformatted image data, so recompressing JPEG shouldn't
> be an issue as long as you start with "best" resizeQuality.

This is for a stackFile export/import script for VCS support. I was exporting imageData ad alphaData but then I realised that the text of the image covers both so why not just use that. All the other properties are stored too so it's up to the user to set the resizeQuality which as it turns out is YANPNITPA !!!

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!