[OT] LeVar Burton just won the 'If I had Glass' competition

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 22 04:17:15 EST 2013

I'm jealous:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidcentral/~3/A5c6Cw0G4eE/story01.htm

Ladies and gentlemen, LeVar Burton just won the Internet. (We've lost track how many times now.) The "Roots," "Reading Rainbow" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation" actor and host -- and basically all-around nerd badass -- just threw his name into the running for the Google Glass Explorer program, which gets the eye-glass mounted wearable computer into the hands of a few (thousand) lucky nerds and developers. This week, Google began offering another shot at scoring units by telling what you'd do if you "had glass."  Burton this morning chimed in with: #ifihadglass It would be a downgrade. -Geordi La Forge — LeVar Burton (@levarburton) February 21, 2013