1001 things to do with LiveCode - only 400 page views per day

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Feb 21 14:27:01 EST 2013

On 22/02/2013, at 5:20 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> I would LOVE to see a LiveCode conference in either AU or NZ.
>
> FWIW, there's an online user group for AU LiveCode devs at LinkedIn:
> <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4543239>
>
> Should we consider such a conference?
>
> Auckland or Wellington would be my first choices, but Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne would be great too (I haven't yet been to AU, but my visits to NZ have been wonderful).

What.. not Tas? ;-)

My suggestion would be either Melbourne or Sydney to capture larger concentrations of users. From what I've seen we are all fairly widely dispersed down here. There's at least 2 LiveCoders at Melbourne Uni though which makes me wonder if we could arrange some use of their facilities.

What I really would like is some way (and this could be international) for people to pin themselves on a map so we could see who's where and in what numbers. I imagine there's some web app for that???

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!