Ubuntu on tablets

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 19 19:22:55 EST 2013

Glen Bojsza wrote:

> I came across this today and was wondering how it plays in with Livecode?
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/tablet
>
> It appears that an Ubuntu app can run on all platforms... but I cannot
> determine if current apps will work or if the apps need to be put through a
> "special development SDK by Ubuntu".
>
> Are there any Ubuntu / LC developers out there that can shed some light.

I don't know offhand, but I'll be showing LiveCode to Jono Bacon, Ubuntu
Community Manager, at the SoCal Linux Expo on Friday and I'll ask him.

Jono's talk there will show off Ubuntu on smartphones too:
<http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x/presentations/ubuntu-smartphones>

Here he is demoing that at CES:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeVH1xAD3rM>

Ubuntu's been my favorite OS on the desktop for a while - looking
forward to adding the other form factors to the mix.

If we had an ARM compile of the Linux engine, I can't imagine it would
be that hard to work out any integration details with Ubuntu on any device.

PS: Yes, there's an Ubuntu for TVs in the works too:
<http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/tv>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World